DYNAMICALLY INTEGRATED MACRO AND MICRO STIMULATION MODEL OF SOUTH AFRICA (DIMMSIM-SA)
DIMMSIM-SA is an elaborate integrated macroeconometric/microsimulation model that captures complex and dynamic interactions between the economy and households. It is a powerful tool that allows users to design an integrated policy mix Ð combining macro, sectoral, tax and welfare policy components in one design.
By selecting your own mix of macro, industrial and poverty/distribution policy scenarios, you can simulate their impact on the economy and on households.
For a presentation on the structure and features of DIMMSIM-SA, please visit show me.
More about DIMMSIM-SA
- Who is DIMMSIM-SA designed for?
- Policy analysts in national or provincial government departments, research or academic institutions.
- What is DIMMSIM-SA's research and policy focus?
- Quantification of dynamic links between macro- and micro economics. Measuring impacts of macroeconomic and sector policies on the welfare of households. Measuring impacts of current or alternative income tax, value-added tax and social security systems on macroeconomic variables during the next 10 years.
- What is the forecast period for DIMMSIM-SA?
- A choice of simulation periods between 1 and 10 years.
- What kind of output does DIMMSIM-SA generate?
- A summary output screen presents impacts of your scenarios on key macroeconomic variables and on poverty and inequality. Also the view output page allows you to choose and view tables and graphs related to individual macroeconomic and sector variables or related to the budgetary, poverty and distribution impacts of your scenarios.
- How current is DIMMSIM-SA model?
- Both the macroeconomic and micro-simulation models are kept fully up-to-date.
- What are the sources of DIMMSIM-SA's data?
- Official survey data, including October Household surveys, Income and Expenditure surveys, and Labour Force Surveys, Reserve Bank time series data, and Statistics South Africa's sectoral time series data.
- What technical capacity does DIMMSIM-SA require?
- Good access to the Internet and an e-mail address.
- What kind of support is available for DIMMSIM-SA?
- The model pages include useful instruction and information on how to design and run your scenarios. On-line and on-site training are also available. Read More »
- How do I learn to use DIMMSIM-SA?
- The website version of model is user-friendly, with a mix of design, instruction and information to help you learn to navigate quickly. Users have access to the discussion forum. Or you may contact us directly. ADRS also offers on-line or on-site training to you and your team. Read More »
- How do I subscribe to DIMMSIM-SA?
- You need to take few simple steps, which are provided at Buy a subscription.
- What does it cost to subscribe to DIMMSIM-SA?
- Please visit Buy a subscription for details.