AUGMENTED SOUTH AFRICAN TAX AND TRANSFER SIMULATION MODEL (SATTSIM-PLUS)
This microsimulation model of South Africa is an augmented version of SATTSIM. It enables you to assess the impacts of alternative macroeconomic outcomes for households. This tool specifically captures the employment nexus between growth and poverty, which allows you to assess quantitatively the poverty, income distribution and social welfare costs of diverse macroeconomic scenarios.
For a presentation on the structure and features of SATTSIM-Plus, please visit show me.
More about SATTSIM-Plus
- Who is SATTSIM-Plus designed for?
- Policy analysts in national or provincial government departments, research or academic institutions.
- What is SATTSIM-Plus's research and policy focus?
- Measuring budgetary, poverty and distribution impacts of current or alternative macroeconomic assumptions, income tax, value-added tax and social security systems over the next 10 years
- What is the forecast period for SATTSIM-Plus?
- A simulation period of between 1 and 10 years.
- What kind of output does SATTSIM-Plus generate?
- A 'show all' screen presents key simulation results and cross tabulations. Output includes the financial, poverty, and distribution impacts of your policy choices. Cross tabulations of results are presented for single/multiple years and in terms of race, gender, family type, province and locality.
- How current is SATTSIM-Plus model?
- Parameter settings and database reflect current data and policy measures. The database also incorporates the demographic structure of South Africa for every year until 2015.
- What are the sources of SATTSIM-Plus's data?
- Official surveys, including October Household Surveys, Income and Expenditure Surveys, and Labour Force Surveys of Statistics South Africa.
- What technical capacity does SATTSIM-Plus require?
- Good access to the Internet and an e-mail address.
- What kind of support is available for SATTSIM-Plus?
- The model pages include useful instruction and information on how to design and run your scenarios. On-line and on-site training are also available. Read More »
- How do I learn to use SATTSIM-Plus?
- The website version of model is user-friendly, with a mix of design, instruction and information to help you learn to navigate quickly. Users have access to the discussion forum. Or you may contact us directly. ADRS also offers on-line or on-site training to you and your team. Read More »
- How do I subscribe to SATTSIM-Plus?
- You need to take few simple steps, which are provided at Buy a subscription.
- What does it cost to subscribe to SATTSIM-Plus?
- Please visit Buy a subscription for details.